At the monthly NCUPS membership meetings a still photography minicomp is held. Video minicomps are held quarterly. Members bring in a digital image/video on the subject of the month, the submitted media is judged by the audience and a check is awarded to the 1st place winner. All images must have been taken by a NCUPS member underwater. Photographs/Images entered may not have won anything whatsoever anywhere. The minicomp may be canceled or postponed if the featured presentation runs long, at the discretion of the board.[table id=7 /]
NCUPS Minicomp Rules
The minicomp is intended to be a fun competition that encourages all NCUPS members to participate and have their work judged at the pleasure of the audience.
*Only paid-up NCUPS members may enter the monthly contest and must be present to enter their image and win*
All images must have been taken by a NCUPS member underwater and photographs/images entered may not have won anything whatsoever anywhere.
– Files can be named whatever you like. Since file names are displayed in Lightroom at the meeting, in the interest of secret balloting, please do not put your name in the filename.
– It will be helpful if you put your name in the Creator field of the metadata. Most cameras can be setup to do this automatically, or can be added later with Lightroom or other software (this is a good principle in general for your own work). When exporting photo, please include metadata.
– File should be full resolution, full quality, JPEG submitted on a Windows-readable thumb drive (Fat32 or NTFS). HFS+ formatted thumb drives cannot be read by the club’s Windows PC. Most thumb drives are formatted FAT32 by the manufacturer and are therefore Mac and Windows compatible.
– Entries must be shot underwater by the entrant except when the category is for over/under or creative.
– Any image may be manipulated electronically or in the darkroom to improve its photographic qualities.
– Moving and adding photographic elements is not allowed except when the category is creative.
– Only one photo per entrant per month.
– Entrants must log their entry on an entrant list at the time of submission.
– Submissions are allowed before the meeting and during the break.
– Will be done at the end of the meeting and counted by 2 official counters and records kept and tallied throughout the year.
– Anyone in the room may vote.
– The more you enter, the more points you will accumulate throughout the year.
First place: 9 points.
Second place: 5 points.
Third place: 3 points.
Entering: 1 point.
– In the event of a tie for first place:
– each tying entry shall receive first place points.
– If there are two entries tied for first place, only second place will be awarded and no third place shall be awarded.
– If there are three or more entries tied for first place, neither second nor third place shall be awarded.
– In the event of a tie for second place:
– each tying entry shall receive second
– no third place shall be awarded.